Hi! My name is Tori Sung-Mee Hong. I’m a queer, 2nd generation Hmong and Korean American artist based in Minneapolis, Mni Sota (“Minnesota”). I use art to play, document, and vision in my personal projects and in relation with communities & movements.
- Co-coordinated the Twin Cities People of Color & Indigenous Peoples Figure Drawing and Painting Group – Sept 2016-Nov 2017
- One of three lead artists of the 2017 Power of Vision youth mural, We Are The River. In partnership with Hope Community and the Minneapolis Institute of Art – June-Oct 2017
- Created a zine introducing the work of police abolition initiative, MPD150 – Sept 7, 2017
- Exhibited Grace Lee Boggs at Centro de Trabajadores Unidos en Lucha (CTUL)’s “General Strike” exhibit – May-Oct 2017
- Helped write the script and create a puppet for Mu Performing Arts’ Immigrant Journey Project, “Futuristic Potluck” – Jul-Aug 2016 and May-June 2017
- Exhibited Paj Ntaub Process at the 2016 Shades of Yellow (SOY) New Year – Apr 2, 2016